Jonesville tallied 57 in the boys (around 60 free throws) and 46 fouls in the girls game.
55 total fouls called in the boys game. Gotta love the refs in SWVA b-ball. Collins was big again for the TRIBE,scoring 31,but JJK let the Generals keep it close by shooting 18-36 from the free throw line. 62-53 Indians. In the girls game,JJK won by 1. All this from 105.5.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Jonesville tallied 57 in the boys (around 60 free throws) and 46 fouls in the girls game.
girl's won 48 to 47
Well, if what I read or was told was the point(s) of emphasis this year, there should be a lot of fouls called, especially to prove that they are calling the hand-checking this year. That being said, I'll believe it is actually going to be called all year when its called all year. I think it was last year that the coaching box was a point of emphasis, and I thought it was gonna be called till I think TJ was playing D a few times on the other end of the floor [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
How many did Lawson have for the girls?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Can't remember right off, a couple at least I'd say. Chisenhall and Brewer lead them with 11. Don't remember who hit the last shot, but Kelly hit it with about 4 seconds left, sounded a pretty decent game.
Brewer made the last shot
Collins was terrific tonight--even better than against Rye Cove. He essentially kept Kelly in the game in the first half with shots, rebounds, and, most importantly, free throws. He even posted up well with his back to the basket a few times. (I may have to revise my estimate of his post-up skills.) He was the only one who hit consistently from the line. Kelly rebounded well and played, as usual, very intense defense. Scoring is still a concern, especially from the perimeter. Dotson again forced a number of shots. He took one good pull-up jumper, but frequently forced layups, most of which he missed. Roberts also missed several layups early, but otherwise played a very good game. He was particularly effective at pushing the ball. Clark was in foul trouble from the outset (3 fouls by mid-second quarter) and didn't shoot at all in the first half. He had two points in the second half on an elbow jumper, but otherwise couldn't hit a shot. He, too, missed a layup. Shortt offered a surprising lift with his quickness and got several layups off of steals. Dutton also helped a little. Teasley got some rebounds, as did Miller, who struggled mightily from the line.
The refs were particularly bad tonight. They called a lot of fouls, and not just hand checks, but they were woefully inconsistent, especially in the first half. They called some travels which weren't and missed at least three walks by Lee #3. No outright favoritism, just bad reffing. In the first half, Lee had the most fouls; in the second, Kelly. They let the boys play a little more in the second half, but overall they were bad.
McAmis has to be pleased with the way his boys competed, but concerned about the lack of perimeter offense. Sproles should be back next week.
btg just saw your post. Obviously you are a devoted Kelly supporter and parent. Parents usually talk about their kids the most and rightfully so, not real hard to figure out which child is yours. A little advice, keep up the avid support, each school really needs that, but don't talk negatively about kids performances on here. I would think that Coach Mc probably has a firm grasp on his team and is fairly adept at handling them. Maybe you could contact him and and you and he could take turns giving advice to each other about how to do the both of your jobs.
Thanks for your unsolicited advice, but actually, you're mistaken on two counts: first, that you know who my child is; 2) that I should change how I analyze games. I write it like I see it. If you've read my posts carefully, you'll see that I have criticized and praised in equal measure as each is merited. It's all part of an honest appraisal. If you'd been at the games, you'd have seen as much. As for speaking with Coach McAmis about how to do his job, that is hardly my responsibility; nor is it his to advise me.
Thanks for your concern nonetheless.
Bookmarks